Over 50 years of independent research has shown Light Therapy to deliver powerful therapeutic benefits to living tissues and organisms.
In Light Wellness Systems can help skin rejuvenation, manage acute pain, speed up the bodies healing process, reduce swelling and are excellent for treating problems such as:
- Acute neck and back pain
- Ankle problems
- Arthritis restricted movement and pain
- Bone spurs
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Deep muscle problems
- Golfer’s/tennis elbow
- Pain relief
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Pressure ulcers
- Shoulder pain
- Sore backs
- Sports injuries
- Tendon problems
And many other conditions.
LED light therapy uses light emitting diodes (LED) to deliver red, blue and infra red light to the skin stimulating cellular responses, increasing circulation and releasing nitric oxide.
The devices are FDA cleared while NASA studies show that cells which have been exposed to LED light therapy have a 150% increase in cellular metabolism suggesting enhanced cellular repair and rejuvenation.
The Benefits of Light Therapy:
- It increases circulation – by increasing the formation of new capillaries, which are additional blood vessels that replace damaged ones. New capillaries speed up the healing process by carrying more oxygen as well as more nutrients for healing. They can also carry away more waste products.
- Stimulate the production of collagen – collagen is the most common protein found in the body. It is the essential protein used to repair damaged tissue and replace old tissue. It is the substance that holds cells together and has a high degree of elasticity. By increasing collagen production less scar tissue is formed at the damaged site.
- Stimulate the release of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) – increases in ATP allow cells to accept nutrients faster and get rid of waste products faster by increasing the energy levels in the cell. All food turns into ATP before the cells utilize it.
- Increase lymphatic activity – will decrease any swelling and reduce discomfort.
- It is calming to nerves which will relieve pain.
- It will increase phagocytosis – the process of ingesting dead or degenerated cells by phagocyte cells for cleaning up damaged or diseased tissue. Destruction of the infection and clean up must occur before the healing process can take place. Wikihub describes this as “Engulfing a solid particle by a phagocyte “to devour” pathogens and cell debris, specifically bacteria and dead tissue cells and some mineral particles can all be devoured.”
- Induce a thermal like effect in the tissue – the light raises the temperature of the cells through a photochemical reaction.
- Can help with the healing process of wounds, ulcers or inflamed tissues.
- It creates the atmosphere for healing.
Light Therapy sessions last 30 minutes and a course of 10 is advised.